Monday, October 10, 2005

Update!

Bear has not been on many public outings since Fazoli's. I am planning a dinner with him in a couple of weeks.

My plan is that if he barks once in the restaurant - we immediately go to the car and he stays in the kennel for 10 minutes. If he does it again - we'll do it again. This is what we do at home and it works great! I'll be working on this the next couple of weeks before his official dinner out.

Plan B is to teach him the "Speak" and "Quiet" commands. This will teach him what the command "Quiet" means. Plus, he may have to wear a gentle leader. This will also allow for me to instantly correct him with a tug on the leash.

Bear has been doing wonderfully at retrieving things. I've dropped things, pointed to them, and said, "Bear, get it." When he does then I say, "Let me see." and he brings it right to me. He even does it when the other dogs are around. It's awsome!

No comments: