Monday, October 31, 2005

Life After Fazoli's



My Training Director suggested I use a gentle leader on Bear when we go out in public and he's working. I've used them on other dogs and I've never been fond of them. The two dogs I've used them on would dig at it and I've seen other dogs literally throw a fit when they have to wear one. But, I was at a crossroad where I either needed to try it or not go out in public.

I've never had such an easy time. Bear scratched at it once, realized he couldn't get it off, and never touched it again.

We started with McDonald's. Pretty safe place if he chose to bark. Nothing. He even left a french fry alone that was on the ground. He laid under the table until we were done and we never heard a word from him. It was fabulous!

On Sunday, we are going to try church. Say a prayer for us - we may need it!

No comments: