Thursday, November 03, 2005

More Training

Bear is demonstrating the "touch" command. We started on the floor like this and then we moved to the wall. It was easier for me to give him the command "rise" to get up on the wall and then "touch" to press that touch light. Now, if I say "touch" and have my hand on something like the handicap button on the door, he immediately jumps up and bangs the button with his paw. This is another command I love to use! It usually bring a lot of attention from people watching too.

If I set that touch light on the floor and don't say anything, Bear will immediately go over to it and start pawing at it, then look at me for a treat. He definitely has this command down.

Our next step is to use "nudge" and "touch" to close doors, drawers, and cupboards. Posted by Picasa

No comments: