Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Reflection

As we are nearing Bear's official graduation, I look back on all the time and work we did together to get him to this point. He really has made me very proud.

He came to me as a cute, fuzzy, little puppy and he left a very skilled dog who's life truly has meaning with the difference he will make in this world.

He gives every day a life of independence, security, tremendous love, companionship, and joy to another human being who needs those things.

Although I have tears in my eyes as I write this post, I have such a huge heart that is bursting with pride. What an honor I have been given to help someone else in this way. I can't even express in words the absolute gratitude I have for being allowed to be a part of this process.

It's time consuming, it's frustrating, it's so much fun, it's entertaining, it's facinating, and it is oh, so rewarding. I felt like a partner to Bear in his growth and learning. I also feel so priviledged to turn him over to Jessica. What a wonderful person for him to work for.

I will meet them again at graduation and I'm sure the tears will flow but looking back on all the hard work - I wouldn't have changed a thing.

No comments: