Saturday, July 15, 2006

A trip to the mall


Last night Bear, my niece Megan, and I went to Applebees at the mall to eat. Bear did pretty good. He was a little ansy.

I never know if I should feed him prior to outings or not. If we are going to be driving for an extended period of time - I don't feed him because he gets car sick. If we are going to work on skills - I don't feed him because he works better for food. If we are going to a restaurant in town - I need to feed him.

He was too hungry and wanted to clean the floor for the wait staff. He's so helpful. He had a difficult time settling down and the booths were such that I couldn't step on his leash very well. I ended up putting his gentle leader back on him and holding it firmly so he couldn't get out from under the booth.

The staff at Applebees were awesome. They asked if I'd prefer a booth (which I did). They warned me before they filled balloons for kids. Bear really perked up when they did that. The helium tank made a very high pitched sound. He did great. He just jumped up to watch but didn't whine or bark.

No comments: